- ByNihal T
- Updated On July 24, 2022 - 2:26 AM
- No Comments
Decided to do factory reset on TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm ? Here is the complete guide to hard reset your TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm .
Mobile phones are becoming more and more efficient, but as much as their performance improves day after day, none are fault-free over time. If your TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm has become slow, simple reboots are useless, and if you suspect that the problem is software-related, it may be time for a drastic solution and perform a hard reset on your TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm .
Let’s see what it consists of and when to do it.
Table of Content:
- What is Hard reset or factory reset?
- Why do you need to Hard Reset your mobile TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm
- How to factory reset TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm ?
- Using Hardware buttons
- Using Settings
- Using Recovery mode
- Using Find my device
- Using Android Multi Tools
- Using Reset with Code
What is factory reset or hard reset?
What exactly does this procedure entail? Well, reset TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm to the factory state, that is, remove applications, all types of files, and any custom settings entered, such as the unlock pattern and security codes.
At the end of the process, the device will remain when it is turned on for the first time, with one exception. It will keep the latest version of the operating system installed.
Hard Reset is an easy way to start over when something goes wrong, or the phone changes ownership, providing the former owner with a safe and fast method to erase all information stored on TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm .
By its name, many people think that this hard reset is aggressive or harmful to the mobile phone, but nothing is further from the truth. However, we must bear in mind that it is an irreversible process.
Everything that is deleted cannot be recovered in any way, so the first thing we must do (if we have not already done so) is to carry out a backup so that we do not want to lose.
Why do you need to Hard Reset your TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm ?
Hard reset your TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm for fun? NO. Erasing all the data on your mobile is not something you like to do. The factory reset process will be a long, time taking and then configure everything again, wait for the apps to update, etc.
So in what cases would someone want to do a ‘hard reset’? The most common reasons, such as cleaning and recovering, give a freshness to the TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm . But there are other reasons such as, for example, that you are going to give or sell the device to someone else and you want to leave it as new.
Also, the ‘hard reset’ can be a requirement if you are going to Install Custom Rom on yourTCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm [/sug]. It would be a clean installation, and the objective is to avoid conflicts between the files of the previous ROM and those new ROM to be installed.
The least desired reason that forces you to carry out the hard reset process onTCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm is that your device is ‘bricked’, that is, disabled. The cause can be a ROM installation failure or a critical update failure, and it could even be from stranger causes such as malware or touching system files without knowing how to do it properly.
Disadvantages of factory reset
Although this factory reset has advantages, it also has disadvantages. When performing a factory reset on TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm , users are not always aware that they will lose all their data. And only after cleaning the process, they understand that the system has returned to its original state.
It’s not a big deal to do a factory reset on TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm if you have a complete understanding on How to Create full Backup of yourTCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm .
Syncing with cloud storage is the easiest and ideal way to save as much data as possible. Of course, in this case, you need to check the availability of free memory on the cloud storage service you depend on. If the cloud storage is full, new data will not be saved.
In addition to this, the need to download and update all the programs is another disadvantage. Once we have the device with the initial settings & features, we will have to update the operating system with the latest version available and download all the applications that we want to use.
When to do a hard reset TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm ?
There are multiple reasons to restore the TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm to factory settings and clear all the data stored in the TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm . Here are some of the most common reasons.
- Installing a harmful application that reconfigures the device and even if the downloaded software has already been deleted, the cell phone works poorly, with errors or worse, you had lost total control of the device.
- Done some changes you are unaware of and got a surprise? We played something we shouldn’t have and now we don’t know what to do. In this case a hard reset could be the solution.
- You want to give away or sell the TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm and are afraid that there is a folder with private content left in the File Manager.
- As you are a root user and you want to install a ROM, you should do a hard reset beforehand, so that the read-only memory installation process runs smoothly.
These are some of the situations that arise to take as an alternative to restore the original configuration, you are the one who decides if it is the best.
One of the doubts that arises when formatting the cell phone is whether the version of Android that has been installed will be lost, the answer is, no. The update that you have installed on your TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm will be kept.
Read More Articles On TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm
Check Out: Lineage OS Supported devices and Features
How to do a Hard Reset on TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm ?
If you have the reason to factory reset your TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm & decided to do the process, here are some methods to perform a hard reset on your TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm . There are several ways to Hard Reset on Android.
How to factory data reset TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm using Settings.
Hard reset using settings is the best and easy method on TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm .
- To start, go to the Settings menu of your TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm
- Find the factory data reset option.
- Hit Erase all data (factory reset).
- Click on Erase all data.
- Enter your PIN if asked.
- Select Erase all data and let the phone do its thing.
Now, the TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm will take a few minutes to reset, and when it does, it will restart automatically and will show you the same home configuration screen that you will see with any other device that you just bought and have to configure for the first time.
How to Hard Reset TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm with Recovery mode.
Now we are going with a method that performs a somewhat deeper cleaning and with which you can solve some operating problems. You can use this method if your TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm bricked or is unable to access the settings.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Down (or up) buttons simultaneously.
- Continue pressing them until the screen starts.
- A screen will appear after loading, which shows some options like “reboot system now”, “wipe data/factory reset”.
- Now use the power button, volume up & down to navigate & select the “wipe data / factory reset” option from the recovery mode.
- Confirm by selecting Yes and let the phone do its thing.
- Once done, select the Reboot system now.
Once you reboot the TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm , you will have everything from scratch.
Factory Reset Remotely With Find My Mobile
Let’s say if this device is missing or you want to reset it remotely here’s how you can do it.
- Get another phone or go to your computer that has a web browser.
- Login to https://www.google.com/android/find/ using the google account used in your device.
- Your TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm will be shown if it’s connected to the internet. Click on erase data and proceed with steps provided on the site.
So the TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm will be erasing all the data. It will start up by itself.
That’s how you can remotely erase data and factory data reset on your TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm right using the Find my device service by google.
Hard Reset Using Android Multi Tools for Windows
Android Multi Tools is the tool used to reset (erase) and unlock any Android phone without password. You can also reset password, erase data, pattern lock, PIN, gesture lock, and face lock, etc.
These tools are not developed by the official Android team. You can also perform a hard reset manually instead of using this software.
Download Tool from below link
- Android Multi Tools for Windows
Follow the below steps to factory reset your TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm using Android Multi Tools.
- Enable USB debugging on your TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm and turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume up and Power Button or Volume Down and Power Button on your device.
- Now you will see the recovery mode on your TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm .
- Connect the TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm with your pc using usb cable.
- Now open the Android Multi Tools and select wipe data.
What to do after a ‘hard reset’?
Once the ‘hard reset’ process has been completed and the first configurations have been made, you will only have to wait for the data saved in your Google account to be restored and update the apps that you have installed on Google Play. That is, you basically have to do the same as if you turned it on for the first time.
In case you had the TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm rooted before and you want to continue to have the root access, surely the ‘hard reset’ has eliminated it, so you will have to root your TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm once again.
As a last recommendation, if you are waiting for an update via OTA, do not do the ‘hard reset’ until you have installed it, because if you do it before, you will probably have to wait a few more days until your turn comes back.
We hope this little tutorial will serve those who are still new or have never done a hard reset on TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm .
In this guide, i have explained complete details to hard reset the TCT Alcatel One Touch 995S One Touch 995 Gsm . Please comment if you have any doubts or suggestion.
- How to Screen Record on Android Device
- Take screenshots on an Android device with or without a power button
- Google Camera [GCam] APK for Android 11: How to Install and Use
- Free video editing software for windows 7 [Top 5]
How do I master reset my tablet? ›
- Open Settings, and select System.
- Select Reset options.
- Select Erase all data (factory reset).
- Select Reset Phone or Reset Tablet at the bottom.
- You'll be asked to confirm, select Erase Everything.
- Your device should reboot and may show a progress screen indicating that it is erasing the data.
Please note: a hard reset will completely erase all the data, settings and content on your smartphone, returning it to the original factory settings. We strongly advise that you back up your device before a hard reset.What is the code for Android hard reset? ›
Open the dialer/phone app on your device and input this code: *2767*3855# step 3. After that, follow the on-screen instructions to reset your device.How do you master reset a phone that is locked? ›
- Press and hold the power button and volume up button on your phone at the same time.
- Wait until a menu appears on the screen, then find the recovery mode in it.
- Find the option that offers to wipe all data from the phone and select it, then confirm this action.
Open the browser, and then input the address http://192.168.1.1. The default login password is admin.What function keys do you use for hard reset? ›
Answer: Generally, the F11 key is used in Windows to enter the factory reset mode, whereas we can also use F12 in some systems.How do I force a system reset? ›
To reset your PC, go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC > Get Started.Can you hard reset an Android tablet? ›
Ensure the device is powered off. Continue to hold Volume up and Power buttons until the Android Recovery screen appears (about 10-15 seconds) then release both buttons.How to hard reset Android tablet using PC software? ›
- Turn on the USB Debugging on Android. ...
- Download and Install SDK Tools on your Computer. ...
- Check Whether the Device's Drivers are Installed. ...
- Connect your Android to your PC by using a USB cable. ...
- Wipe Data or Factory Reset your Android Phone.
- On your parent device, open the Family Link app .
- Select your child.
- Tap Controls. Devices.
- Select your child's device.
- Tap Reset device & delete data. If you don't find "Reset device & delete data," you can remove the child's account from Android settings on their device.
What is the difference between hard reset and software reset? ›
- Soft Reset is simply powering your phone off and on by using power button - no data is lost.
- Hard Reset is forcibly stopping the power to phone by removing the battery ( if the battery is user replaceable)- no data is lost.
Step 1 Hold power button
Hold down the power button for 15 to 30 seconds, until the phone restarts.
A hard reset just deletes all the phone data and restores it to an empty state with whichever firmware you currently have installed. You need to flash firmware if you want to change the one installed on your phone to a different version.What is the secret code for factory reset? ›
*#7353# – Open the Quick test menu. *#*#273282*255*663282*#*#* – Make a backup of your media files. *#*#7780#*#* – Factory reset your Android phone.What is * * 4636 * * Android secret codes? ›
*#*#4636#*#* Displays information about the phone, battery, and various network statistics.What does * * 7780 * * do? ›
*#*#7780#*#*: Use this code to factory reset your phone. Factory formatting deletes all personal data, all application data (like removing your Google account settings stored on your phone), and apps from your device but doesn't reset the firmware.What is the code for Alcatel unlock? ›
Open the dialing screen and type *#0000*CODE#. Don't make any mistakes while dialing the code. Again, go to the dialing screen and enter *#0001*CODE# to complete the procedure. Your phone is now unlocked, you can use a sim card from any network provider.What is the default password for Alcatel phones? ›
Note: The default password is '1234'. To change the password, scroll to 'Change Phone Code', then press the Center nav key.Can you unlock a Alcatel? ›
Firstly we recommend checking the Alcatel device is actually locked, you can do this by simply inserting the SIM card from your chosen network provider and powering on the device. When the phone loads up you will get a popup message saying “SIM Unlock code” or “Enter Network Key” if the device is locked.How do I reset my phone when its locked by administrator? ›
- Sign in to your Google Admin console. Sign in using your administrator account (does not end in @gmail.com).
- In the Admin console, go to Menu Devices. Mobile devices.
- Select the device and click Reset Device Password.
- Enter and then confirm the new password. ...
- Click Reset Password.
What is the master code to unlock any Android phone? ›
There is NO master pin to unlock an android phone!What is the default administrator password for intouch? ›
The default user name is “administrator” and the password is “Wonderware”.What is the default password of admin user? ›
A default (admin) password is a piece of alphanumerical text for the user to log in to a service for the first time. Common default passwords include “admin” and “guest”. Default login credentials can be found in user manuals. Many websites share lists of default login info as well.What is hard or forced reset? ›
A hard reset is a process of reverting a device back to the state it was in when shipped from the factory. That is to say, it erases all data including apps, user profiles, and settings. Hard resets can be helpful for wiping all data before selling a computer, smartphone, or tablet.What is perform a hard reset? ›
To remove all data from your phone, you can reset your phone to factory settings. Factory resets are also called “formatting” or “hard resets.”Which command is the same as the reset button? ›
The Reset button is like the CLEARSCREEN command; it resets the FMSLogo screen and sends the turtle home.What are the three keys used to reset the computer? ›
On a personal computer with the Microsoft Windows operating system, Control+Alt+Delete is the combination of the Ctrl key, the Alt key and Del key that a user can press at the same time to terminate an application task or to reboot the operating system.What physical button do you press to reset the computer? ›
- Click the power button, then hold down Shift while choosing Restart. This opens the recovery menu. This works even if you're not logged into Windows.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Select either Refresh your PC to repair the PC, or Reset your PC to prepare the PC for another user.
- Open an elevated command prompt. ...
- From the command prompt window, type “systemreset –factoryreset ” (without quotes). ...
- Then, select "Keep My Files" or "Remove Everything" to reset your PC, depending on if you want to keep your personal files.
Turn on the computer. Tap the F2 key several times until Entering Setup appears. Reset the BIOS to factory defaults.
How to do factory reset without opening? ›
On most phones, you can reset your phone through the Settings app. If you can't open your phone's Settings app, you can try factory resetting your phone using its power and volume buttons.Why is there no factory reset option? ›
If there is no 'wipe" option in the recovery menu, then it's nearly always because the "Disable Factory Reset" feature-control option has been deployed. You can confirm that by checking in the web-console the profile configuration(s) previously deployed to the device.How do I factory reset my Android tablet or phone when it wont boot? ›
- Press and hold the Power button and Volume Down for a few seconds until you see the Android logo on the screen. ...
- Use the Volume Up and Volume Down keys to navigate to Recovery Mode.
- Press the Power button.
- Use the Volume keys to select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and press the Power button.
The two terms factory and hard reset are associated with settings. A factory reset relates to the rebooting of the entire system, while hard resets relates to the resetting of any hardware in the system.What is the hard reset code for Android? ›
Open the dialer/phone app on your device and input this code: *2767*3855# step 3. After that, follow the on-screen instructions to reset your device.How do I force a hard reboot? ›
Step 1 Hold power button
Hold down the power button for 15 to 30 seconds, until the phone restarts.